Avi to dvd

dtm111

I have a question, I have seen programs online you can purchase to do this but was not sure if someone had a recommened program they use. I have a couple AVI files Id like to copy to DVD. I was not sure if one program has a better quality than another after the the file has been copied. Also is there a special kind of DVD disc I need to buy?

you can use sonic mydvd of convert x to dvd. i find the quality about equal on both. convert x to dvd is a little more compatible with all file types

cdman45 said:
you can use sonic mydvd of convert x to dvd. i find the quality about equal on both. convert x to dvd is a little more compatible with all file types

Sorry, Not to sure what you mean. You mean use Sonic Played to copy the AVI file to dvd? If so can any blank DVD work?

for playing the avi on a normal dvd player (without divx function and so on) .. you need to convert the avi first .. simple drag and drop copy on a dvd is not enough

This is begining to be complicated lol. Here is what I have done. I looked on downloads.com for AVI to DVD and a list came up. I do not know which program to use as I do not want to purchase something and have the dvd come out fuzzy or whatever. My file is AVI however when it is playing it does say divx in the corner. I do not use that program to play the file though. I use Windoes Media Player or Real Player. So all I want to know EXACTLY is what program should I download that will have the best quality and will get the job done.

I use Nero 7 to burn my DVDs, and it does the conversion for me. I just put a blank DVD in the drive and run Nero. =)

Back