Crash and burn

ru42

Arg, I lost myXp this morning and had to do a major reinstall.  One thing lost was uTorrents so I am reinstalling.  It has been a while since I installed it, what do I need to do again - if anything?

I have several torrents on my d drive that I want to be able to continue seeding for - how do I go about that?

RU

You have to redownload the torrents again (as though you didn't have them) and double click them to start redownloading. MAKE SURE that the files you try and download already exist in the folder and that the client will point to them. They should then check that they are there and start seeding again.
If they start downloading, they are not in the folder OR your client has been told to save to a different one.
Example.
You file for "area loop.mp3" is in C:/downloads.
Your client needs to have that folder set as it's download folder as default.
When you try and download it again, it will see the file and presume it's finished downloading, chack it and, if complete, move it to the downloaded section and start seeding it. It may give you a message that it will overwrite the file (it won't, don't worry as long as you haven't messed around with it) so just click "yes" or "ok" or whatever ;D
I presume all clients work the same in this aspect  as I use Azureus.
I've had to do this on several occasions when I've moved files, exchanged drives etc and it's worked fine.

Thanks.

Yep, I clicked on the torrent like the Herc parade and it first looked in the directory, saw it, checked it, and then started seeding it.

Thanks!  One less problem, a whole crap more to fix.

RU

Thanks!  It could have been worse.  I run with 2 500GB hard drives and the main one crashed.  My c drive is the one with the programs and my d drive is where I store the data.  My secondary one is where I do all of my video work.  I am very close to finishing a series of 5 Tomorrowland videos for my next DVD; so those were saved.  All of the other video projects I am working on were also saved. 

My c drive contained most of the programs and that is what tanked.  The pain in the butt part is finding all the programs and reloading them.  I am mostly done now but I cannot find my Office 2003 Pro disks.  I think they are at my other office, I hope.

RU

I had to rebuild my system too a couple of weeks ago, because the screen of my laptop died beyond repair. And I too was unable to find my Office 2003 Pro disks. I actually never found them and had to reinstall with some 'borrowed' discs. Since the drive was still ok I was able to retrieve my own office key from it and use it for the new install. Seems that you are less fortunate and I hope you find those discs.

Dajatje

dajatje or anyone

I have the same Office 2003 Small Business installed on my laptop.  Is there a way to pull the key off of that?  I still haven;t found my original 2003 disks but if I can at least find the software I will do alright if I have my key.

Thanks

RU

There IS a program that will find all your serial numbers etc - I had to use it once (trial version) when I had to reinstall a program (why didn't I write the serials down somewhere)
http://www.product-key-explorer.com/
I don't remember whether there were any restrictions on what it did though (it found the one I needed) so you may just get a "yes we found it, now send the money to get it back" message.
Worth a try though.
There may be similar products - search "recover serial"

ru42 said:
dajatje or anyone

I have the same Office 2003 Small Business installed on my laptop.  Is there a way to pull the key off of that?  I still haven;t found my original 2003 disks but if I can at least find the software I will do alright if I have my key.

Thanks

RU

I used Keyfinder 2.0.1 to retrieve the original key. Worked like a charm. If you are unable to find it, just send me a PM.

Back