Creating an ISO File

You want to look for Create a Disc Image...  Normal Nero does this I believe, I'm not sure about Express...

You may be able to use a program called DaemonTools (I think that's it).  If you want to spend some money, AnyDVD and/or Alcohol 120% are good to have as well.  There are a number of "free" tools that can be used, but many of them are beyond the scope of this website.

How about, COPY DISC, and for your Destination select Image Recorder?

I'm using Nero 7, and I guess I did install Nero Express 7.  I select Image, Project Copy, then Copy Entire CD (or DVD), then pick the source and then destination.  For destination, one of my choices is Image Recorder, which makes it a file.  Just make sure you pick ISO...

If that doesn't work, then you're going to need to look at alternative softwares.

I hate Nero for this. I just can't get it the right way around (too dumb, I guess) and it keeps trying to do it the other way around (creating FROM ISO file) so usually have to Google to refresh my memory..
I finally used this site and used the programs suggested.
http://www.shivaranjan.com/2006/09/26/how-to-create-iso-file-from-folders-and-cd-dvd/
to make the ones I have uploaded here and they are free programs and seem to work well and reasonably quickly.
Basic, yes, but it works.

There IS a way of doing it with Nero (I've done it for the Zorro clip I uploaded) - I have Nero 6 - but, for the life of me, I can't remember how. I do remember I had to go by the instructions on an Internet site but forgot to bookmark it :(
I use DVD decrypter as well but found these two really good and so simple to use.
I like idiot-proof software ;D

I have a scribbled sticky note by my PC which says "rename .nrg file to .ISO and it will work"
Could it be that simple?

Back