Crowd/attraction nose reduction with Audition?

dan40

Does anyone know how to get rid of background noise such as talking and chatter and crying babies so we can hear more of the audio than we can background noise, with Adobe Audition?

I don't have that particular program but I doubt it would be possible without destroying the sound you want as the frequencies will overlap.
How do they isolate all those sounds in the crime thrillers anyway?????

Not possible...  This is why induction pickups are used whenever possible.  They don't record background noise.

What you MAY be able to do is make multiple recordings and hopfuly have enough quiet spots to recreate an entire ride through without unwanted noise.  Editing that is a nightmare, but somewhat possible.  As mentioned, removing certain frequencies will distort the backgound tremendously.  Even a single pass through a hiss reduction process distorts things a lot.

Of course, what you may be thinking about are the various recordings where music is played on one channel and vocals/narration on another. These can be separated into either to isolate the sounds provided you have the actual split files used (and not just a stereo recording of them).
Someone needs to invent  something for doing this. It would save hours of induction recording. Just video the ride, strip out the background noise and, hey presto, a perfect source recording ;D
We can dream, can't we. Ahhhhhhhhh............................... ::)

I didn't think I would want to remove certain frequencies.  That would take away from all of the attraction audio!

Few options...  As I mentioned, induction when possible, although that's becoming more and more difficult.  Things like Test Track, Dinosaur etc which have like what 6 speakers per seat and a shaker?

Directional mics which can reduce the background noise.

Try to get empty theaters, etc.  This is harder to do, but some have had success with it.

I tend to sit in the back of the theater, since voices project forward most of the time...  But it's next to impossible to get really clean audio as a casual guest of the parks.

I do so admire the multi-angle videos and those that have the skill to edit them to remove the kid on dad's shoulders that suddenly pops up at the best part of a parade, the kid who want's lifting up and is very vocal and those people that like to wave right in front of your camera. ;D
I tried so many live audio recordings in the park - Including clipping a lapel mic to a shrub well out of the way of everyone - about 5 feet in - (just my feet sticking out of the shrubbery - I still get made fun of by the family for that one!) and just by the speaker. Nope. The crowds are still louder than the music. I tried (following a request in the forums) to get the IASW foyer BGM from DLRP - no chance, speakers in the roof - so tried another live one (it was fairly quiet) and I found a speck just under the speaker and hid the mic behind one of the wall decorations.
This should be a good one, I thought.
What I forgot was that the room is a semicircle. Anyone heard of the whispering gallery in St Paul's cathedral? Every sound in the room focused in on my poor mic .  >:(
It was so nice to get a few induction recordings of other things last year  ;D
Thanks to all those who have given advice freely. It's appreciated.
Now all I need to do is persuade the family that having a nice rest and a Coke near to a speaker is great and relaxing and won't spoil the day ::)

Back