Curious about Induction Recordings

davesablast

I enjoy all of the discussions about how audio is obtained in the parks and the tools used to do it and make it available to us here. I haven't been able to find anything on how induction recordings are made/collected. Do you use the Disney ALD's or use another device to pick up the audio? Where is the audio broadcast from? Just curious. Thanks

An "induction recorder" records by detecting and measuring the magnetic field produced by any common speaker.

Most speakers use an electromagic of fluctuating power to drive the mechanical sound-producing component of the speaker. The magnetic field produced is directly comparable to the sound output. In fact, at its basic level, this is very very similar to recording using an electrical circuit, except appropriate accomodations for signal gain and noise filtering are required.

As I have mentioned before, any common microphone works similarly to an induction microphone in that an oscillating magnet in the mouthpiece drives an electric circuit via induction.

Back