divx files (mainly Martin's:) ) on Xbox 360

tillerrw

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums and have just recently started downloading some files here (thanks to everyone!).  All of Martin's videos that I have downloaded are .divx and don't seem to run on my Xbox 360.  I've tried to rename as .avi, suggested by someone, but that didn't work.  I've read a lot about file converters and feel fairly comfortable with giving one a try (Super, Videora, etc.) but would like any input I can get from the community first.

I have a new Xbox 360 and one of the first things I did was set up a free Silver Xbox Live account in case any updates needed to be downloaded.  I downloaded and installed the optional media update from this spring but that hasn't allowed me to play the .divx files of Martin's work or some .mp4 files that are associated with Quicktime.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Roger

pvdfan said:
I've had this same problem since the new year.  Best advice is to convert the file.

If you've had this problem then I'm guessing you've had luck converting files (Martin's videos?) from divx to another format.  What format have you converted to and what program have you use?  Also have you been able to keep the same quality or do you lose some in converting?

Thanks again.

Back