DVD Authoring Software

Fellow MB's,

I am looking for some DVD authoring software and would like to see what people here use. Either free or pay for software. Nothing really super fancy.

Thanks for your time!

nitt

I use DVDLab Pro mostly..  It's just authoring though, even though that's what you asked, a lot of people tends to think of authoring as something different.

I use Adobe Encore to create the basic structure of the DVD and then tweak the results with a "nagware" app, PGCEdit(http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/).  PGCEdit works at a low level and lets me directly access the structure and actual commands of the DVD.  If I don't like how Encore did something, I can change it in PGCEdit.

kirky said:
I use DVDLab Pro mostly..  It's just authoring though, even though that's what you asked, a lot of people tends to think of authoring as something different.

what I mean by authoring would be making a DVD from a couple of videos to send to friends and family. Being able to make a menu, import numerous videos and some basic editing.

what is your operating system? if you are windows i like nero but i use it for simple stuff.  when it comes to authoring with menus etc then i use Encore CS4

Certainly Nero will make a menu and import the videos but beyond that I'm lost.  I tend to  put  everything on DVD (only way to get them onto my PC) and then rip the sections I want and pop them together as a single movie (re-authored  if required with DVD shrink) into Nero and burn it but as for the audio and stripping it out and reinserting new, edited stuff is way beyond me (and my PC).
I am an eyore of very little brain sometimes  :P

nowisthetime
                  if you go to adobes website you currently download a 30 day trial , of all their products and they are fully functional too

abovethefirehouse said:
what is your operating system? if you are windows i like nero but i use it for simple stuff.  when it comes to authoring with menus etc then i use Encore CS4

my OS is windows XP.

I also have used Nero for basic conversion of clips to DVD.  I have been happy with results, but I am not an expert.  Does any one have a suggestion of software to convert clips to AVI format?  Thank you. 

BIGDISNEYFAN said:
Does any one have a suggestion of software to convert clips to AVI format?  Thank you. 
I use TMPGEnc 4.0 Express to convert anything to anything. Piad for but well worth it and well supported.

For basic DVD burning I use Premiere Elements 7.0, the same program I edit with.

Back