Epcot Christmas BGM problem

ok, a little while ago, i downloaded the Epcot Entrance BGM for Christmas and it's skipping weird.  It will play a little of a track, then skip to the middle of the next one...it's weird and jarring and unlistenable.  HELP!

sorceress1986 said:
ok, a little while ago, i downloaded the Epcot Entrance BGM for Christmas and it's skipping weird.  It will play a little of a track, then skip to the middle of the next one...it's weird and jarring and unlistenable.  HELP!

Maybe the torrent had not completely finished downloading?  Some BitTorrent clients (like uTorrent) will pre-allocate space for the file(s) in the torrent when you start downloading.  I.e., when you load a torrent file, the client will create file(s) that occupy space on the hard drive to make sure there is enough disk space for the download.  Those files are the same size as the ones you're downloading but have no data in them.  As the download progresses, pieces of real data replace the empty spots in the files.

This can cause some confusion because if you check the size of the downloaded file at any point during the download, it seems to be done because it has the right size but in reality, it could be anywhere from 0% to 100% done.

In your situation, it sounds like there is enough data to play the audio file but then the player runs into the blank spots so it skips.  Try re-loading the torrent file into your client and check to see if the torrent download is 100% complete.

Been there, done that, got the Tee-shirt  :-*
Confusing isn't it to find a file of a certain size (so the HDD says) to find it's nearly empty.
Of course, one usually discovers this AFTER it's been burned  :P

eyore said:
Been there, done that, got the Tee-shirt  :-*
Confusing isn't it to find a file of a certain size (so the HDD says) to find it's nearly empty.
Of course, one usually discovers this AFTER it's been burned  :P

I have not used this utility myself (not yet at least :D) but it sounds promising.  Hopefully it's more efficient than listening to the entire MP3 to make sure it's all there:
MP3 Validator (also known as MP3val) is a small, high-speed tool for MPEG audio files validation and for fixing problems. It was primarily designed for verification of MPEG 1 Layer III (MP3) files, but supports also other MPEG versions and layers. It can be useful for finding corrupted files (e.g. incompletely downloaded).
http://www.gromkov.com/faq/repair/mp3_validator.html

Back