Flac files - again.

eyore

I know this has been discussed before but I can't actually find anything, anywhere that answers the question.
I have downloaded some torrents that contain flac files.
I have followed (as far as I can tell) all the suggestions given here on what to play them on and how to get various players to play them.
The all "appear" to play them but there's no sound at all (the bar and equalisers show that they are playing and the timer moves on).
Amongst others, I have tried WMP (done all the background stuff), Media player classic,  Winamp, VCL, Nero Showtime,  Foobar and Quicktime. All with the same results (QT says it doesn't know what they are) Quinessential player, Musicmatch, and Zoomplayer.
I have installed the flac installer from Sourceforge and the flactester there says the files are fine. I just can't get anything to play them (yes, I have checked that the PC plays other stuff).
Anyone have any suggestions as to a basic step I am omitting?
Everything else I have plays fine on something listed above - just the flac files seem to be doing this.
Thanks.

I play them in Winamp but I had to go and download a plugin for it. There should be one on Winamps webpage.

D~

New versions of WinAmp have FLAC support from the get go now.  Just go to www.winamp.com  and download and install the latest version.  Make sure you remember to associate the correct files to play in WinAmp as well.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Ahem, it does pay to ensure you haven't knocked the power lead off the speakers before posting.
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
It was ok before I started downloading the players etc but, preoccupied with flac files, I didn't bother to check if other types STILL played.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Doh!
Sorry., they play fine in pretty well everything now (hangs head in shame)

Back