HELP!!! Trying to seed and I've messed everything up

macsizzle

I downloaded the Forever Disneyland Project last night and had every intention of seeding it. Today I accidentally erased two files in the download and now I have the 'Error' message in my bittorrent program (Azureus) Anyway, I tried to restore the files and ended up making a huge mess trying to get it back on my client so I could seed. Well to make a long story short my original forever project magically reduced from the 4.21 GB to 1.43 GB. I don't know what to do now as it seems I've messed up something. I can't seed it and I don't even know if I have the complete version anymore. Any help would be great! Thanks!

if I remove several files from a multifile torrent azureus will start redoenloading the missing parts, you tried deleting the torrent from the program, then downloading the torrent fresh from this site and pointing your client to the download directory(where you downloaded the forever project the first time) ?

Yeah, I did that but it still came up all screwy. I have never experienced anything like it and I've been using Azureus for a few years now. I have had several times where I deleted a file accidentally and then when I re-downloaded the torrent it would only go after the missing file. I don't know how, but somehow 3 GB of stuff came up missing on 'Disney Forever' and all I deleted were two small files from the archive. Anyway, I started downloading again and I REALLY want to seed but I am having problems with that too. I absolutely do not want to be a leecher but so far my ratio is really low. Any tips on how to get my seeding to improve, it's just about at a stand still right now. Thanks for this wonderuful stuff. Now I just need to seed seed seed!!!

You could try checking the files in the torrent against those you have and that may tell you if any are missing (if you haven't already) and if they are the right size etc..
If you have changed the files at all (renamed or edited), Azureus won't recognise the torrent.
Go back to the torrent list and click on the name and then "show files".
At least that would be a start and will tell you if you have the full set.
No tech-minded enough for any other suggestions and a redownload is a bit much for a file that size.
A missing 2 1/2 Gigs is rather a lot, isn't it?

Thanks! That's what I ended up doing, checking all the files to make sure they were the right size and all and I couldn't believe that most of the files were not the size they were supposed to be. How could 3 GB just disappear like that??? Needless to say I was able to download the rest and I now have a complete 4.21 GB again. I won't delete or touch anything until it has fully seeded, if that is possible. I can't seem to upload or seed anything I downloaded from mousebits and it is driving me nuts. I only want to seed the stuff I got from all the fine people on this site to others who come across it. I am pretty sure it is my router causing the problems so I will just have to keep troubleshooting until I can figure it out. Thanks again!

What I do (and thank goodness for external USB hard drives - LARGE) is copy and paste the files to another location if I want to do anything with them and leave the originals where they are to seed (I try for a ratio of around 3 or 4 per file, I feel that's fair - not that it does much for the "share ratio" because you have stuff nobody wants ;D ) - not that anyone here worries about it, of course.
Glad you got it sorted out :)

Back