I use ABC and the older torrents won't open

jabear

I have been using ABC to open torrents and I can't get any of my older torrents to play however the ones I recently downloaded will play without any problems.  Is there something that I've done wrong or something that I'm not doing?

Thanks
jabear

are the torrents from before the name change? they might be linked to dc-torrents instead of mousebits. or it could be the torrents simply don't exist anymore due to a purge. search for the torrent files again and redownload them. if they don't exist, there's your reason.

Yes all of the torrents are from before the name change.  I am sure that some of the content I downloaded is still available but since they are all pre name change I guess it sounds like I'll have to download them again.  Is there anyway for me to listen to them without going through the whole downloading process again?

FYI, the name change did not affect the integrity of the older torrents.  The URL in the file is injected as it is served, so that they are indeed connecting to www.mousebits.com.

However, today I have myself found very sparratic service quality with respect to server connections and the like.  Indeed, torrents, both old and new, sometimes struggle to connect, and I sometimes cannot connect to the FTP server, either!

Just to clarify, when you say "older torrents" won't "play", are you referring to torrent files (ie you downloaded the torrent files some time ago and are now trying to open them to download the actual or the actual files themselves that you already  downloaded using the torrents?
If you have moved the files (or deleted them) on your HDD, obviously you won't be able to play them from your downloaded list in your client (because they are not where it thinks they are) but they should work by just opening them in the normal way by double-clicking them.
Do you get an error coming up at all when you try and open them or any message on your screen?

I am not able to use abc to open them anymore but I can find them on hdd and play them from there.

I haven't moved or deleted the files. 

I had been able to open them by double clicking the file whlie abc was running.

I know I'm may not be explaining this properly but I do appreciate all of the help.

take a peek in the abc settings where you save your downloaded files to .. they are somewhere on your harddisk

Quote: I am not able to use abc to open them anymore but I can find them on hdd and play them from there.

Then I think the problem isn't with the files/torrents (or Mousebits) but with ABC or your PC - maybe an update on ABC or something? I'm not an expert  but I can't think of any reason that the files that you downloaded and used to play through your client don't play any more. Mousebits can't do anything with them once they are on your PC, after all, can they?
Have you thought of changing or reinstalling your client if this is a problem?
Ah, the joys of computers ::)

I did recently do an update on abc and that is probably the issue.  Thank you eyore.

dolbyman, I found them using your info.  Thanks.  I was starting to freak out.  Need that Disney audio fix!

Back