IRC question

Is the irc channel active? I've logged on and distriv works fine but there are no triggers.  Does it take more than logging on to participate?

I haven't been there in ages, but last I knew Dolbyman was about the only server left.  There was another one listed last time I was there, but I couldn't log on to his server.  Pretty much dead over there unfortunately.  :'(

Dolbyman is the only server I have seen there for ages.
I've never known anyone who has been able to connect to the others that seem to be servers - ever.
It used to be a regular question on there "how do I connect to    ......" and the answer was always the same - you can't.
I have a feeling that they are more admin than actually having files :(
I don't have a problem getting through with !dolby though (although I do have to type  "get <full file name>" rather than double click the file.
I'm not so regular as I used to be - I mainly use it to keep my memory going with the distriv - I'm number 3 but there's several thousand points more to get to number 2 (although I got there once) :o

mynameborat said:
Is the irc channel active? I've logged on and distriv works fine but there are no triggers.  Does it take more than logging on to participate?

It seems it does take more in here ;)

I fixed your status so you now see all the forums.

Welcome!

I don't have a problem getting through with !dolby though (although I do have to type  "get <full file name>" rather than double click the file.

sysreset (I'm using) and invision (most others used) seem to be file server incompatible .. maybe there will be an update sometime (on sysreset)

Honest, that wasn't a complaint. It's no trouble to type it in - just though mynameborat may be trying a double click and that's why it wasn't working ;D

dajatje said:
mynameborat said:

It seems it does take more in here ;)

I fixed your status so you now see all the forums.

Welcome!

Thanks!

And i haven't been on the irc channel for years so I just dont remember how to do the trigger that gets to file lists and whatnot but do I see Dolbyman there. Thanks for the help. 

As I said above, it's !dolby
:P

PS I'm on there at the moment and downloading from Dolbyman so everything is working OK

Yeah thanks everyone.  I realized that the mac based irc clients don't behave normally or something.  I just went to boot camp and did mirc and everything worked fine.  Thanks again.

Back