Issues

dcengineer

For some reason I am having issues lately with my account. I can not access the requests forum nor can I read a PM again that I sent to a member.

In the new forums, by default the PMs you send don't save.  You have to click the button on the bottom - something like "save PM in outbox".

and your status is "validating" .. you have to confirm that email that was sent out to you

dcengineer said:
OOO K I just validated my account and it says I am not able to read my personal messages still? This is crazy

We are still experiencing some issues because of the transition to the new version of the tracker and the use of the new forum software. I hope you are able to find a way to be patient and have SirLamer take care of all the issues. Remember we are a free service and a lot of people invest a lot of their free time to make this all work. Nothing crazy about that.....

SirLamer and dolbyman, You both sent me PMs but I can NOT read them. So I have no idea what your reply was....

The exact error message is this:
Sorry, you can't read your personal messages

You still have not validated your account.  Click the link in the e-mail you received or change your e-mail address to a real account.

Right now you can't re-request the validation e-mail, so you can change to a fake address and then back if you want to re-try with your existing e-mail address in case you have a junk mail filter that deleted it before or something.

SirLamer said:
You still have not validated your account.  Click the link in the e-mail you received or change your e-mail address to a real account.

Right now you can't re-request the validation e-mail, so you can change to a fake address and then back if you want to re-try with your existing e-mail address in case you have a junk mail filter that deleted it before or something.

I did that, got the link, clicked on it, it said succesful and it still did not fix the problem.

Thanks for your feedback, I have identified the issue.

Valdation of your account with the tracker was not transferred to the separate forum database.  So, while you were able to browse and download torrents, you could not use the forum fully.  This is my fault for not considering the possiblity of this discontinuity but, once I did, it didn't take me long to reproduce it for myself.

As a temporary fix, I manually adjusted your account in the forums so that it will work now.  But this problem must also exist for other users who have signed up since the upgrade.  Fortunately, the next software update includes a fix for this problem.  I may install a Subversion release in the meantime.

Sorry for the trouble!

Back