Moving/renaming torrent downloads

Hi all,

I'm not very computer literate but I have downloaded quite a bit of audio here and I really appreciate everyone who shares! Thank you!

I need to clean up the organization system on my computer, but if I rename my downloads or move them to a different file, will I no longer be seeding them back?

I don't want to just take stuff and then put it somewhere on my computer where I'm not sharing. But i have to organize somewhat for my own sanity!

Is there a way I can "Tell" the torrent file that I have renamed the music file and where I have put it? I use u-Torrent, if anyone is more familiar/tech-savvy with that program than I!

moving them is no problem .. just point the torrent program to the new location .. but renaming won't work (at least not for reseeding)

and, of course, if you have any problems, do post back for help. Most of us have done this over the years (usually when we have so much we need a few external drives to hold it  all).;D
I needed loads of help at the start with pretty well everything and everyone was very nice about it so don't be afraid to ask ;)
As dolbyman says, if you rename it, you won't be able to seed it again (unless you name it back again and exactly as it was).

Back