MPEG Converter

starwood

I'm trying to decyrpt a dvd and need to put it into MPEG format. Does anyone have an MPEG converter that they use?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(

dvd's ARE in mpeg format ;)

but if you want to transcode it .. you better check doom9.net .. there you'll find some tips ..

Indeed. The best approach is to have DVD Decrypter extract the program as a single VOB in IFO mode, using the option to only include the streams you'll be needing: the video and whichever audio track you want to preserve. If necessary, you can simultaneously have the software redesignate the audio track to 0x80. The resulting file can then be renamed with a .mpg extension.

I still have problems with files like this afterwards, though: if I author a new DVD using such files directly, very often playback chokes. There's something about the header of these files that results in incorrect bitrate readings being passed along to standalones. I usually, therefore, have to run a reencode pass at the highest bitrate the project can handle. but there must be a better way to fix this problem.

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but how do you redesignate the audio track to 0x80?

P.S Starwood is still me, darthvader92 is just my new screen name. My mom uses starwood now!

Back