Need Help Deinterlacing Footage!

Keichi

Hello everyone. I'm having a hard time trying to deinterlace my Beauty and the Beast footage in Vegas... I already did it before, but this time it doesn't seem to be working. First of all I set my project properties to render the upper field first and the deinterlace method to blend. Then I right-click the video in the timeline and set it to Progressive. When I render the timeline I set the options also as progressive. After rendering the video, VLC plays it fine as if it was deinterlaced, but the image has lots of "jagged edges", as if it was lacking some "Anti-Aliasing". When I play the same file in Windows Media Player, The image is a lot better, but the video is not deinterlaced... I really don't know what to do, can someone help me, please? Thanks in advance :)

I generally recommend that you do not deinterlace - let the built-in deinterlacer in your TV or DVD player do it. The quality is usually miles better and you don't lose info.

Agreed, unless there is a need to de-interlace, I would leave it as is.  If you are editing, and have interlaced and non-interlaced, you might be better off converting them to be all the same...

Actually, I`m deinterlacing the video to post it here so people can watch on their computer. I know VLC can deinterlace the movie in real time, but Windows Media Player can`t, and since the last one is the most used, I prefer to post the video already deinterlaced! But thanks for the tip though! :)

and progressive is the way to go, plasma and lcd are natively progressive so sending out progressive footage is good

Back