Need Seeding Help

SeaCastle

In my new (last?) wave of multi-torrent downloading, I downloaded most of Martin's tributes. To organize them, I put them in a folder in my Downloads section on my computer called "Martin's Tributes".

Now, the torrent files won't seed them because of "Files Missing". How can I tell uTorrent that my files are located there, and not where I downloaded them to?

Download the torrents again, and point them to your new location.  As long as you didn't edit the files in ANY way (renaming, etc) they should detect as complete and you'll start seeding them at 100% in a matter of seconds.

Where you type in the location you download them to (drive, folder etc)
If you had them in a folder C:/Downloads and moved them to C:/completed, that's the information it needs. When you open the torrent file it needs to see the downloaded file already there so you may need to change the destination folder in your client. It's where you download to that need to be the same as where the actual audio/video file is NOW.
It should look and see that you already have it there, check it and then start seeding
If you have altered the file in any way, it won't match and will presume you are downloading a new one.
WARNING
Azureus asks you if you really want to download as it already exists and will overwrite the file. (I presume Utorrent does something the same). Clicking YES will get the client to check the file and, if it hasn't been messed with, will the go on to seed.
IF it has been altered, you will lose the original file as it will be overwritten by the new download (if in doubt, copy and paste the file somewhere else until you are happy it worked)  :)
Hope that makes sense.

Back