Newbie here, some questions.

jabear

First I would like to thank those responsible for such a great site. This is incredible.

Now for my question. I just ran a test on my download and upload speeds. It came back as such: Download 264kb/sec and Upload 33.8kb/sec. Are these speeds good? Also, why is it when I am downloading it shows that I am only downloading at speeds of 3.0kb/sec? Sometimes it will actually download around what the test indicated but I just ran the test and I am getting a much slower speed. Am I doing anything wrong?

As for seeding. I will look for torrents that have the highest leecher levels and if I have it, I will seed the torrent. But, I am not getting my upload stats increased.

Thanks,
jabear

jabear,

The speed you will see varies on the number of members seeding that particular file. Files that have just been posted often have a better speed than the older ones. Just hang in there and the torrent system will try to mobilize other clients to start seeding, depending on the demand.

The stats are updated periodically, so sometimes it takes a while to notice a stat change.

Dajatje

Back