ok... RAR???

I use RarZilla, which is freeware.

http://www.philipp-winterberg.de/software/rarzilla_free_unrar.php

And for the record, Efficient, IMO, is the best freeware audio conversion out there. Good choice, but wrong file type.  ::)

Just make sure that whatever you download to "unzip" it doesn't come with loads of "other" stuff.
Rar files HAVE to unzipped first (well. extracted) before you can open them (unlike Winzip which will often work from the zipfile).

Rar files HAVE to unzipped first (well. extracted) before you can open them (unlike Winzip which will often work from the zipfile).

only if the archive is solid .. else you can jump to any file and unzip it

I had been told that, the archives contained in it, couldn't be opened singly (like opening a text file within winzip in notepad without actually extracting the file first). I must admit, I rarely use rar files so never actually tried it.
Sorry if that was misleading. :-[

eyore said:
I had been told that, the archives contained in it, couldn't be opened singly (like opening a text file within winzip in notepad without actually extracting the file first). I must admit, I rarely use rar files so never actually tried it.
Sorry if that was misleading. :-[
I think it works like that because Microsoft has integrated zip decompression into the windows explorer.  You can execute or load files from within a RAR archive as well.  It does the same decompression, etc.  Windows just hids all that form you with ZIP files normally...

Back