Printing out front and back CD labels for jewell cases

bryan29

I do not know if anyone can help me or not. I am trying to print out a cd label for the Disneyland 50th Retrospective CDs that has the front and back on it like the tracks number and titles for jewell cases. I cannot get them the right size. Do I need a program or something to do that or not. Thanks for your help.

I have a kit from Memorex that includes a program for setting up CD covers and jewel case spine inserts, then align them on a specially laid-out piece of paper for printing (the paper has perforated edges around where the cover and inserts will be, so you just punch 'em out - no cutting involved :)). It can also do labels for CDs, for which it has sticky-backed paper with CD-shaped pull-apart areas that the app will print your design specifically onto (so no wasted space around it with ink all over it), then there's a spindle piece you put the CD on and slide the label down onto it ... it's not as complex as it might sound here. Explaining a physical act in simple words is really hard. :P

Quite a few label making kits include the papers and the program but some restrict you to their particular own brands.
I use Nero Cover designer for mine as it has a drop down list of various labels so they get printed in the right place! (Not all labels are set the same on the paper).
I also have something very similar to PL-7764 for applying the labels to the actual CDs  (you only get one chance - they don't come off very easily). Mine's made by Neato.
Yes, difficult to describe but very easy to use ;D

I just use Microsoft Publisher for my CD/DVD covers which alllows you to use different  templates as well. And for those of you still using the paper CD?DVD labels beware they can actually throw off the balance of the CD/DVD making it unplayable or the Dtat unrecoverable. I would suggest investing in a lightscribe drive or a Pirnter than can print directly onto to the disks.

Not to mention labels lifting and jamming the drive, peeling off the coating (very possible if you leave any bubbles of air which expand when it gets warm and rips a little circle of coating off the CD)  and other possible physical damage.
I never use a label on anything important (and I'm far too poor to afford or to run a Lightscribe printer at the moment).
I use them only for the "discs in use" which I can easily do again should they go awry.
I haven't had an unplayable one yet but there's still time ;D
I do have paper labels on my "copied to CD" vinyl collection (several hundred) but, again, I have the originals both on a hard drive and (just in case) on DVDs as well (no labels, just a ref number or similar on the front (and over an unused portion of the disc, if you follow) and, of course, the original vinyls.
As we say in the UK, a "belt and braces" attitude.

Thanks for answering my question and helping me. One last thing say you have the .jpeg of the front or back cover. Do you just insert the .jpeg into the program and will print out the picture to fit a jewell cd case? Thanks again.

In the program I have I just have to line up the image with the on-screen template (which matches the perforated printing paper [whoa, triple alliteration :o]) aid it'll print in the right place.

Mine too.
It shows the jewel case etc as an outline and you adjust the size (using the mouse cursor like you would to adjust a window size) to fit the case etc.
Its very easy, honest.

Back