recommendations for .flv to .avi

milo

What programs would you all recommend to make this conversion.  I tried Nero and it doesn't support it.

I use Riva FLV encoder to convert to WMV and after that to anything. Unless your burner needs an avi there isn`t much point going all that way since FLV quality won`t make use of the uncompressed format.

I already have FLV Player.  So that covers playing .flv files.  I would like to burn those files, but are you saying it would be tough to do that?

No - Rivas Encoder is not Rivas player - it`s a different program by the same company. Once encoded into a more `normal` format it`ll burn fine.

If you need a free converter, Mediacoder does a pretty good job of converting FLV to most standard formats.

Search for "flv convert" and you'll find tons of stuff - and many freeware.
Make sure you update frequently as there seem to be new codecs arriving all the time (I use Ultra mp4 video converter - paid for but converts a lot of stuff both ways and lifetime upgrades).
As said, most flvs tend to be rather poor quality (Youtube are flvs) so using the disc space for an avi won't help (unless you have tons of room  (I do) and happen to like using one format for everything - keep it simple, for a simple person is my motto ;D ).

Back