Share ratio not reported right!

Calixar

I\'ve had a feeling for a while that something wasn\'t tracking right here, but now I know.

I\'m looking at the RoE torrent.

Azureus says I\'ve downloaded 610.65 MB and uploaded 1.66 GB for a total share ratio of 2.791

This site says (for RoE) I\'ve downloaded 1.19 GB and uploaded 1.53 GB for a share ratio of 1.28

Where does the site get that I\'ve downloaded more of the show than exists?

I am having this exact same issue! Azureus 2.5.0.0 says that I downloaded the correct amount for the file but my stats page on the site says that I downoaded twice that amount! Instead of 650 mb I have now downloaded 1.3 gb! Anybody else have a similar problem or have a possible solution?

it may either be a tracking (client error) or you downloaded several packages twice .. due to hash errors :-/

either way ... share ratio is of no importance here anyway ;)

I\'ve heard of that happening for some Azureus users. The way the software works is the client program reports network usage since the last communication (approx. 15-25 minutes) and the site\'s software takes its word for it and adds it in.

It is indeed possible that the site is including lost or corrupt blocks of data while Azureus does not.

An alternative is for me to disable dynamic stats tracking on the site, where your usage is added in when you close the program. But then if your client crashes after downloading a bunch of stuff your stats will not be updated. Also, some client programs fail to report total session use as they should. I personally would prefer to disable dynamic stats because it\'s way easier on the server\'s hardware but that\'s no fun, lol

I\'ve had azureus do the same thing. It just minor errors in data transmission that the program doesn\'t always correct. No big deal.

Back