SubFolder Seeding?

• Thread starter Thread starter GhostGalaxy
  • Start date Start date
G

GhostGalaxy

I put two subfolders into a Torrent (e.g. Disc 1 and Disc 2) and I've moved the Torrent into the main folder for seeding... yet it won't seed.... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

AJ

Have you pointed the torrent to the right place?
There's usually a default folder that the client looks in to "see" the files. If it's not there, it can't seed.
The way to check is this:
Double click the torrent. Does it say "downloading" or "checking"? If it doesn't check, the files are in the wrong place.
If so, you may have to start over.
I have one folder for all my torrents (yes, it's huge) so I place the files to be shared in there, make the torrent (save to desktop), upload it (save it to the torrent folder) and open it. It should see the file is already there so just check it and start seeding. Then delete the original torrent from the desktop, of course. Make sure that the default file to save things to (in the client) is the same as where you actually have it. I goofed on that just recently.  :-[

OK .
"Didn't work" doesn't give much info  :P
Are you pointing your client to the subfolder (ie you are trying to download to the same folder that your files are in)?
I take it that it's trying to download rather than checking the file? That's the dead givaway that it's pointing to the wrong one OR the files have been altered/renamed etc and that they don't match.
The more info you can give, the sooner we spot what's wrong  ;)

More info:

I placed it in the main folder (where the subfolders are) and it still won't seed. I even set the Torrent to "Start Seeding"

But where have you asked the client to download it to?
You have to amend your usual folder details so that it downloads to the subfolder/folder/whatever where the full file is.
Example.
you have a subfolder called "Disney stuff" in a folder called "My Disney" and you want to torrent the "Disney Stuff" folder.
You create a torrent of that folder (Disney stuff) and save it.
You upload that to Mousebits and download the new torrent file.
You set your client (uTorrent or whatever) to download to the folder the subfolder is in (in this case set the client to download to "My Disney" and NOT to "Disney stuff" (that contains the files so the client won't see a folder in there to know it's already got it - you follow) and double click on it.
I suspect you are trying to download the subfolder inside itself which won't work. Set it to the folder the subfolder is in.
Hope that makes sense.

It's very easy to get them wrong. Everything has to be "just so" (how did you think I knew what had happened)  :D

Yes, I see what you meant all along now...

I was setting it to actually download to the "Downloads" folder. Stupid me!  :P

Back