Torrent Error

evina

I keep getting a message when I download the VMK forever project. It says Torrent Error "The procces cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I keep restating it and I keep getting the same message. What does it mean?

What client are you using?
How much of the file have you got percentage-wise?

You haven't moved the part you have already downloaded have you? Or changed clients halfway through or something like that?
Both of those would cause an error.
Can't think of anything else at the moment but I suspect it may be something to do with your PC rather than the file (I seem to have been seeding it fine).
have you been downloading it long? I seem to remember there were a few problems when it was first uploaded and it was replaced or something (may be wrong there)?
Try downloading the actual torrent again and point it to a different folder to save and see if that works (you only need to see if it starts downloading - if it does, there's a problem with what you already have so you'll need to start again, if it doesn't, just delete it and see if someone else can help).

eyore said:
What client are you using?
How much of the file have you got percentage-wise?

You haven't moved the part you have already downloaded have you? Or changed clients halfway through or something like that?
Both of those would cause an error.
Can't think of anything else at the moment but I suspect it may be something to do with your PC rather than the file (I seem to have been seeding it fine).
have you been downloading it long? I seem to remember there were a few problems when it was first uploaded and it was replaced or something (may be wrong there)?
Try downloading the actual torrent again and point it to a different folder to save and see if that works (you only need to see if it starts downloading - if it does, there's a problem with what you already have so you'll need to start again, if it doesn't, just delete it and see if someone else can help).

Other torrents download just fine. I use u-torrent. I keep on restarting it and it downloads a little bit before giving me the message. I kept on trying over and over again until it got to about 85% and now I just can't restart it anymore.

evina said:
I use u-torrent. I keep on restarting it and it downloads a little bit before giving me the message.

That is probably why you keep getting the error message.  When you stop and restart utorrent, it thinks you have multiple programs running at the same time (hence, the "...it is being used by another process" message).  When you stop the program, wait awhile before restarting it again.  Or better yet, restart your computer to clear the cache before restarting it.  It usually works for me.

John

DisneyFanatic001 said:
evina said:
I use u-torrent. I keep on restarting it and it downloads a little bit before giving me the message.

That is probably why you keep getting the error message.  When you stop and restart utorrent, it thinks you have multiple programs running at the same time (hence, the "...it is being used by another process" message).  When you stop the program, wait awhile before restarting it again.  Or better yet, restart your computer to clear the cache before restarting it.  It usually works for me.

John

I just started my computer and tried it. I got the error again. There are no other programs running.

The only reason I could think of is that the files are in Windows Explorer. Try downloading it yet again (sorry) and check off all of the files you contributed. Then, try. Beyond that, I can't help you. Best of luck!

ozzietropics said:
The only reason I could think of is that the files are in Windows Explorer. Try downloading it yet again (sorry) and check off all of the files you contributed. Then, try. Beyond that, I can't help you. Best of luck!

THANK YOU! It works now. I thought it might have something to do with that and that confirms it.

Back