Trouble Downloading Torrent

f150cowboy

Hey I'm a new user.  I downloaded uTorrent and am authorized and everything.    I looked up the space mountain file I wanted and clicked on the green download arrow and nothing happened.  It looks like it's loading but never actually does,  almost as if I'm about to get a "cannot connect to server" message or something. I also tried doing a "save target as" and still get the same "nothingness."  Is there some other way I'm supposed to download the torrent or is this particular file just defunct.  I tried other torrents and nothing happened with them either.    Thanks so much for any help you can offer!!

When you click on the green download arrow, do you get a "file download" popup? You should, because you are downloading a file at this point which then needs to be imported into uTorrent to start the download.

Try right-clicking "save target as" for the arrow. Save the file on your desktop and then open it with uTorrent.

If it's you pc not picking up the link, try clicking the torrent name (that will take you to torrent details) and the click the name again on the second line down (should be written in blue).
Bingie's suggestion should work fine though but if it doecn't try this. If this doesn't work, you PC isn't picking up the link.
Do remember, the torrent file is very small so downloads very quickly. Do you normally get the download pop-up box?
Search your PC for the files just in case you missed them downloading (if you have selected "close box when download complete, for instance).
Please let us know how you get on.
The links are working fine so the problem appears to be at your end.

well,  still nothing is happening.    When I click the green arrow or right click and "save target as"  it shows up in the bottom grey bar that it is "waiting on www.mousebits.com......spacemountain file.........."  and appears to be loading.  But it never stops loading and appears that it can't connect to a server or something.    But everything else on the site works fine.  I lowered all of my security settings in case IE was blocking it but nothing changed.      It's acting like it can't find the file or that the file's source is down.        Don't know what else to do but I'm really excited about fixing it and getting to all these WDW goodies.

Which operating system and web browser are you using?

I'm guessing you have no problems downloading files from other sites through the web browser, correct?

Can you download torrent files from other tracker sites like http://torrents.freebsd.org:8080 or http://www.clearbits.net?  Both of these sites track legitimate torrents (the first site is for the FreeBSD operating system and the second site is for open licensed media) so if your ISP is doing some filtering, maybe these two are allowed.  Just a guess...

you know I bet dolbyman is right.  I would say it's very likely my Univeristy is blocking applications like torrents;  especially after several of our students were arrested a couple of years ago for illegal downloads,          nice.     

I'm running IE 8 on Win XP.  Nothing unusual,  and every other link online works fine,    except for those other torrent websites.      I'll try to do some more research and find out for sure if UT is blocking torrents.  If so I'll just have to wait until I go home or to the in-laws to download these.    Thanks for the help!

Back