Trouble Seeding after the Server Move

Ted_Flint

Hello all!

Am using uTorrent 1.8.5 and after the server move, I have noticed that none of torrents I downloaded before the move actually seed anymore. When I look at the 'trackers' tab, the MouseBits status reads as "HTTP Error 404".

However, all torrents downloaded after the move operate perfectly.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I hate not being able to share all the wonderful things I have found on this site!

You will need to alter the tracker details (I had to on ALL of mine although some did carry on for a while as you found out).

There's a link to the thread from SirLamer about this on the index page for instructions.
It's basically to change the tracker to www.mousebits.com:2710/<enter your own PID here - it'll be the same for all your stuff>/announce

Double click each torrent (that brings up the tracker details in uTorrent) and enter the above details (I amended what was there and then copied it then just highlighted it and pasted it into each one.
A bit time consuming but worked fine.
That will solve it for good  ;)

I thought I had this fixed before the move but the fix only worked on some torrents.  It seems to be somehow sensitive to how the original torrent was structured.

You can also re-download a torrent over the existing files to have your client check and refresh the torrent for seeding.

Back