Trouble with ISO files on Mac

mcorse01

Hello - I've tried downloading the WDW 4th of July Spectacular 1989 several times and I haven't had any luck. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong - it's an ISO extension, so I'm thinking it must be something on my end. I click on the torrent  and the download begins in utorrent; however, when it's completed, it won't open up or play, giving me an error message of "no mountable file systems." I'm working on a Mac, so that might explain things. I've tried the disk utility and other options that I've found while searching for solutions online. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

ISO is what is considered an image file. You need to download and find a virtual cd rom drive. Daemon tools is a virtual drive I use.

The ISO file doesn't automatically mount when you double-click on it?  My download queue hasn't gotten to that 4th of July show torrent yet but I just tried another, older ISO file ("A Dream Called EPCOT Center-Souvenir Program.ISO").  The ISO file mounted as VOLUME_1 when I double-clicked it and I can watch it with DVD Player.

I'm running windows and have trouble with this one too. Judging by the comments posted under the torrent, it seems a lot of people are having the same issues. It has nothing to do with your Mac.

I've deleted the torrent and am in the process of re-encoding a new ISO. Will post when finished.

Update
New torrent has been reposted. I tested it with VLC Media player and it does play.

FYI, I ran the old ISO file through IsoBuster Pro 2.8 and it found the basic DVD layout/structure but no files or folders, even after performing a sector-by-sector search.  Maybe the ISO image file creation process resulted in an empty DVD?

Back