Unable to Connect to Torrents

everestrocks

Hey guys!

I am a moderately knowledgeable about torrents, but please bear with me, LOL.

A few weeks ago I began being unable to download any torrents from MouseBits. When the problem first occured, I came to the site and saw other people talking about the it in the Shoutbox (I believe we had recently updated our BT software) and now that I have time to fix the issue I can\'t find any reference to it. I *believe* that it was a problem with settings and the update, but when it happened I just didn\'t have time to look into it and now I\'m lost.

A bit more info : I\'m using BitComet .84, and I have a random port set for listening and enabled through my router. I am able to download the torrents, but I never see any peers and downloads of the files never begins.

Sorry if I sound crazy, but I\'d appriciate any help I can get. I\'m able to download torrents from other sites fine now, and it\'s just here that I can\'t. Of course, here also happens to be the site I care about most, LOL.

Thanks so much!

ER

Just a few things that might help... Many of these probably don\'t apply since your client works with other sites.

1. The random port isn\'t random all the time, it\'s just an arbitrary number you picked I assume.
2. That post is allowed through your router (allowed and port forwarded to your client machine).
3. Assuming you have Windows, you have allowed that port through your Windows Firewall too (or other Firewall program).
4. All the above settings you have allowed TCP and UDP traffic correct?

That\'s how I have myself configured, I\'m using Azureus however. I do have encryption enabled with fallback to non-encrypted connections. Some ISPs throttle BitTorrent connections and this is a way around the system (sometimes).

I\'ve seen some ISPs block certain ports incoming so it might be worth checking out. I use DSLREPORTS.COM, as my first source for things like that. Your ISP might not tell you the whole story, but if others are having trouble, it\'ll probably be mentioned there.

Hope that helps...

Thanks for the help, guys!

I don\'t know why I didn\'t try it before, but I dloaded Aszerus and after customizing the listening port setting was able to dload torrents from here wonderfully. So it looks like I must have just screwed something up with BitComet that MB didn\'t like.

Thanks again!

everestrocks said:

I don't know why I didn't try it before, but I dloaded Aszerus and after customizing the listening port setting was able to dload torrents from here wonderfully. So it looks like I must have just screwed something up with BitComet that MB didn't like.

Thanks again!

Guest said:
everestrocks said:

I don't know why I didn't try it before, but I dloaded Aszerus and after customizing the listening port setting was able to dload torrents from here wonderfully. So it looks like I must have just screwed something up with BitComet that MB didn't like.

Thanks again!

everestrocks said:

Thanks again!
:lol::lol:

Back