uTorrent Questions

dkrfla

Greetings

I am using uTorrent to d/l files from here and various other torrent sites and it works great except for one problem. It slows down my web browser to a crawl anytime it is running. Once I get the files downloaded, I like to leave the program running so that others can grab the files as well but it makes using the web virtually impossible. Eventually I just get frustrated and shut uTorrent off. If I can find a solution to this I could leave uTorrent running all night while I work on the web. Or is another bitorrent client my best bet? Any hlp or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dusty ;D

I'm not sure which one you mean.

Under Queing the settings are both 25 and the ratio is 150%

Under bittorrent Global Maximum is 1000
Connected Peer per torrent is 125
Upload slots are 50

Under connection global bandwidth is 11200

I don't really know exactly what all that means but perhaps with that you can help me find the best settings. Thanks again dolbyman!

D!

I mean your line speed (physical speed of your internet connection)
mine is 50000/10000
the last digit is the upload meaning my max upload is 10mbit ..

you should never max out that upload because it stalls all you download (downloads need some upload traffic for communication)

also a global max of 11200 connections is quite too much,maybe try 400

I ran a speed test on my cable modem and it came back that my download speed was 10031 but my upload speed was only 480. Is that normal? What settings do you reccomend?

Thanks again'
Dusty

I am not new to torrents or MouseBits, but have a general question.  Why is it that I would have peers showing up as 1(1) and that torrent is not uploading? 
Mike

I have that a lot .. I guess the tracker tells your program that there is a peer in need of parts .. but you're not able to send parts

upload/download queue full (seeder or leecher)
connection timeout between peers
no needed parts on either side

and so on

Back