Video all squishy

For those who are having problems with my video, I suggest downloading the Klite codec pack that you can find here: http://www.download.com/K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10794603.html?tag=lst-1 ! If after this the problem continues, just PM me and we'll figure out a way to make it work :) !

I would suggest folks NOT install those huge codec packs, but that's just me.  I always install just the codec that I may need if possible.  Since I do a lot with video normally, I don't want to trust some all-in-one solution to install correctly and not bork a warking install of something else.  I've had it happen.

AVI is a container, not a format.  You still may need either DIVX, or XVID, or some other video codec.  That's one of the reasons why I post the video size, format, and length in my torrents,.  So folks know what they may be getting themselves into.

Also, Windows Media Player isn't the "best" software to be playing videos.  VideoLAN is one of the best, I would suggest trying that first.  It's not as pretty, but works wonderully for most things that flake out some of the more popular softwares.  Just a suggestion, there isn't a reason why WMP shouldn't work, proivded you have the right codecs.

I just suggested the Klite pack because I never had any problem with it, but if someone wats to install the codecs manually, I use Xvid for the video and ac3 for the audio!

Keichi said:
I just suggested the Klite pack because I never had any problem with it, but if someone wats to install the codecs manually, I use Xvid for the video and ac3 for the audio!
I understand, I've used them in the past.  Until I started seeing weird results, random crashes, etc when encoding and figured out what the problem was.

AC3 audio!  NICE!  I like to see that, been having good luck with that and it helps so much when converting it to DVD!

DarMar106 said:
the vid I dl is not from this site, and yes I have DIVX, I play AVI all the time
This is probably going to come off the wrong way, but I need to ask.  If the video is not from this site, why are you asking here?

Divx and Xvid are not the same so that might be some of the problem, many "videos" obtained from other torrent sites ma use xvid for the video codec.  They are similar enough though to probably play in a player and see something useful.

You might want to check out www.videohelp.com for more information on teh AVI container.

Back