Video Conversion Help

Hello all.

I need some help regarding video conversion. I am looking for an easy to use free program that will convert .WMV, .AVI, DIVX (the common formats found on the site), to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or .h264a. There are various files I would like to put on DVD and play via my Playstation-3, as it gets tedious watching video on a 20\" monitor in my office. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks.

John

When i\'m not using Apple Compressor I typically use ffmpeg. I\'m sure there\'s a windows client for it somewhere, ffmpegx is the mac client.

hismattjesty said:
Hello all.

I need some help regarding video conversion. I am looking for an easy to use free program that will convert .WMV, .AVI, DIVX (the common formats found on the site), to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or .h264a. There are various files I would like to put on DVD and play via my Playstation-3, as it gets tedious watching video on a 20\" monitor in my office. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks.

John

Hi Check out SUPER video converter. It\'s free and includes all the formats you could ever want. Also, I have NEVER had it not be able to convert or lead to poor results. It can be a little overwhelming first but experiment with the settings until you find what works for you.

Another one worth trying is media coder, its free and can do many things and convert most audio/video formats to and from anything.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

Thanks guys. Those were exactly what I was looking for! SUPER will take a little getting used to (It is a tad overwhelming at first), so until I\'m comfortable with it I\'ll use MediaCoder.

John

I downloaded MediaCoder, but being quite ignorant in application files, I can\'t figure out how it works. I don\'t seem to find any tutorial on it either. This has been the issue with almost all of the recode applications out there.

Back